Mycroft's Office

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mycroft's Office

Post by Edward Nygma on Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:59 pm

Jonathan had never been to London before. In fact now that he thought about it, ever since he moved from Georgia up to Gotham, he hadn’t left the city at all. This was the first time since his late youth; and the first time ever in the United Kingdom. He wasn’t too impressed with the city though, or it’s people. All people were the same. Governed by fear; without even knowing it. Though he had to say it was a rather remarkable experience to walk through the city again without people seeing him and running away screaming or calling the police… He couldn’t help but look around a bit paranoid, even if rationally he knew no one would recognize him here.

His first time on a plane had been something to behold as well. In that enclosed space, Scarecrow kept urging in the back of his mind to take this opportunity and gass them all. He could have, he had the means. But no..  That would be foolish. The plane would crash and it would be the end of him. It was impossible. So he forced the Scarecrow into silence. Lucky for him he was seated close to a woman who turned out to be afraid of flying. Needless to say Jonathan had been eyeing her ominously the entire flight. … Oh how he’d have loved to conduct tests on her..

Entertaining himself with the memory of this sobbing and hyperventilating woman, he sat in the back of a cab who brought him to his destination. A rather odd but definitely prominent building. … The Secret Intelligence Service. Curiosity alone and the promise of a very good deal alone had brought him here.

Jonathan moved in to the reception. He asked for the room after which the receptionist smiled friendly and told him to wait while she made a call. Shortly after that two big security men stepped in and seized his arms, dragging him away into an elevator. … Jonathan didn’t like being manhandled. Or rather said, Scarecrow didn’t. And Jonathan was powerless to stop him from taking over.
“Let me go now, if you value your lives! Do you have any idea who I am!? I am the master of fear! Tyrant of terrors! I will make you scream until there’s nothing left of you! I will..-”

As soon as he was pushed out of the lift and the guards let go, Jonathan seized back control, hissing at his counterpart in the back of his head to behave himself. One of the guards started to pat him down for weapons. Clenching his fists together, Jonathan had to force himself to resist the urge of gassing them with fear-toxin this instant.
The guard found nothing, however. Of course he wouldn’t. Jonathan was too smart for the likes of him. The guard stepped back and motioned him to the door.

“Mr. Holmes is waiting for you inside.”

“He’d better be,” was Jonathan’s ice-cold reaction, before straightening his tie and stepping inside.

As he did, he could see on the look of the man’s face that he wasn’t entirely what he had been expecting. Because though he was known as the Master of Fear, he didn’t look too intimidating right now. He was just a regular nerdy type; almost impossibly thin, pale, dark combed hair a clean brown suit and wire-framed glasses. But behind those glasses rested a pair of piercing blue eyes that, with the right intent, could send chills down the spine of even the bravest of people, with dark circles under them. And in the right lighting, the bony structure of his face could resemble that of a living skull.

“Mr. Holmes,” Jonathan greeted him coldly, approaching the desk to stand in front of it and fold his arms behind his back. He continued to speak in that same calm and calculated voice. “Dr. Jonathan Crane. Before we talk business, I want to give you a fair warning. Your guards did a poor job at patting me down and I’ll have you know that if you try to pull any tricks on me, you will die screaming.”
Edward Nygma
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mycroft's Office

Post by Zoewilliams on Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:10 pm

Mycroft had raised an eyebrow at this, as the man had ever so boldly barged into the room, declaring threats, and swift to the point. No beating around the bush with this one eh? He never knew what to expect when it came to situation as so, but he unexpected was always to be expected. Dr. Crane appeared...lovely. He could deduce plenty in one look. But that was that really needed when he had a big filing cabinet of reports and goody information on him?

"Screaming?" Mycroft looked thoughtfully, adjusting back in his chair.
Now this was amusing. He had no doubt he could keep that promise. After all, he had been threatened several many times. And the probability was that anyone could own up to their threats if they were sincere enough.

"I would most certainly hope so. After all we wouldn't expect a pleasant death now would we?" He smiled. But the small expression slipped across his lips as he he unslunk from his lounging position and stood up from behind the desk, giving a quick eye over the man before extending out a handshake. "Keeping that in mind, I'll proceed with caution. However I can assure you I have no tricks up my sleeve." He spoke swiftly, the light lipped smile returning once again.

"Mycroft Holmes, if you will. Terribly sorry for the inconvenience, we keep security uncomfortably tight around here, but I'm sure you understand. I'll make a note to have a good word with them, might they cause you any more trouble."

Zoewilliams
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Edward Nygma on Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:46 pm

Crane almost smiled. Meaning there was some humor in his eyes but the corners of his lips barely lifted at all. Jonathan hardly ever actually smiled. Only Scarecrow did that, at the sight of fear. But Scarecrow wasn't in control now. That didn't make Jonathan harmless however.

"Good. Because I do." Jonathan moved his hand in his pocket and laid a cellphone on the center of the table.

"This looks like a cellphone. It's not. It's just the casing. Inside is a fear-toxin that I can release at any moment. It will effect anyone in this room. Including me.. But I built up a certain immunity for it over the years; meaning it will be unpleasant, but I'll live. Unlike you. And I can assure you, it would not be a pleasant death by far."

After placing the cellphone, Jonathan leaned back in his chair and crossed one leg over the other. He cleared his throat and looked at Mycroft with a rather bored expression. "So Mr. Holmes.. Why was I summoned here?"

Edward Nygma
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top